Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals and Paints
The successful scale-up from laboratory to pilot plant and pilot to production plant is critical. Process mixing knowledge can reduce time to market, minimise down-time and reduce production costs.
Our experience, notably in the upstream section of the manufacturing sector, has identified four key challenges for our clients:
- Cost of raw materials
- Processing challenges
- Integrated operations, batch production
- Cost of energy
We cannot affect the cost of raw materials, only reduce their consumption. We can address processing challenges by improving operations through design optimisation and provide clients with greater control of costs. Through the application of our fluid mixing know-how we are able to offer our clients the following measurable benefits:
- Reduced time to market through faster process design, improved process routes for novel products, reliable scale-up and shorter commissioning times.
- Improved product quality by improved batch to batch repeatability, maintenance of the required impurity profile, improved process control and improved batch homogeneity.
- Flexible production through the effective design and rating of multi-product plant, the management of variable batch sizes and a move to continuous production.
- Improved containment avoiding leakage of materials.
- Meeting validation requirements through consistent product quality and equipment validation.
- Meeting environmental constraints through improved yield and product recovery and a reduction in solvent and energy usage.