BHR Group was established in 1947 and has grown to be one of the world's leading consultancies in fluid engineering, with expertise across a vast range of fluid technologies.
In September 2021, BHR Group became a wholly owned subsidiary of Framatome SAS, a leading international nuclear energy company, recognised for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet.
Framatome's investment in BHR will strengthen its position in the UK Nuclear market, boosting its expertise in fluid engineering and providing opportunities for growth in the Process and Energy industries, where BHR Group already has a strong client base and service offering.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineers with the following skills and experience to work on the design, development and testing of fluid systems on an exciting range of projects to support our UK growth.
- A good understanding of fluid mechanics gained from either degree/higher education qualification in Mechanical Engineering (or related field) or from equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in design and hands-on operation of fluid power and hydraulic systems.
- Good practical engineering and technical skills - able to build or supervise the design and installation of test rigs, models or final products.
- Able to assess and manage health and safety risk related to all aspects of the project.
- Understanding of the product development life cycle and associated qualification testing. Experience in management of all aspects of a project.
- The ability to identify cost effective solutions.
- A team player with excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Strongly self-motivated and able to organise themselves.
- The ability to work at pace and deliver work product on time is essential.
Experience in the following would be advantageous:
- Experience of use of fluid power and hydraulic systems under safety critical or high-pressure conditions or in hazardous environments.
- Knowledge and experience of instrumentation and data acquisition (LabVIEW) and their use on test rigs.
- A proven background in one of the industry sectors we service.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- A personalised development plan with opportunities to train oversees with Framatome and diversify and progress.
- A challenging and stimulating environment working on technically innovative projects.
Please send your CV/resume to email@example.com before the closing date of 31 January 2022.
BHR is an equal opportunities employer.